Castledown publishes fully open access journals, which means that all articles are available on the internet to all users immediately upon publication without any cost. Non-commercial use and distribution in any medium is permitted, provided the author and the journal are properly credited.
Benefits of open access for authors, include:
– Free access for all users worldwide
– Authors retain copyright to their work
– Increased visibility and readership
– All content available immediately on publication
– No spatial constraints
All articles in all journals are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.
We have a standard Article Processing Fee (APC) of $225 for every published article in any of the journals in our collection (apart from those journals that indicate there is no APC in the submission guidelines), and there are no costs if a manuscript is not published. All of our journals are subsequently available for free online. Authors and editors should contact our Journal Managing Editor should they wish to have a paper-based version as well. Discounts are available for students in full-time study ($165) and for authors from countries listed in the OECD list of developing countries (from $125). Waivers are available to authors who find it financially difficult to pay for article processing charges (APCs), and they may lodge a request with the editor of the journal their article is to appear in.
The APC for each article includes:
– Unlimited free access to the article for everyone forever
– Professional layout and production
– Thorough copy editing and proofreading by expert staff
– A unique DOI
– Plagiarism check to ensure academic integrity
– Registration with CrossRef for broad access and visibility
– Archiving with LOCKSS for permanent preservation of content
Please check out our FAQ for more information about our open access publishing.