Castledown publishes fully open access journals, which means that all articles are available on the internet to all users immediately upon publication without any cost. Non-commercial use and distribution in any medium is permitted, provided the author and the journal are properly credited.
Benefits of open access for authors, include:
– Free access for all users worldwide
– Authors retain copyright to their work
– Increased visibility and readership
– All content available immediately on publication
– No spatial constraints
All articles in all journals are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.
We have a standard rate of $225 for every published article in any of the journals in our collection, and there are no costs if a manuscript is not published. All of our journals are subsequently available for free online. Authors and editors should contact our Journal Managing Editor should they wish to have a paper-based version as well. Discounts are available for students in full-time study ($165) and for authors from countries listed in the OECD list of developing countries (from $125). Waivers are available to authors who find it financially difficult to pay for article processing charges (APCs), and they may lodge a request with the editor of the journal their article is to appear in.
The Article Publishing Charge (APC) for each article includes:
– Unlimited free access to the article for everyone forever
– Professional layout and production
– Thorough copy editing and proofreading by expert staff
– A unique DOI
– Plagiarism check to ensure academic integrity
– Registration with CrossRef for broad access and visibility
– Archiving with LOCKSS for permanent preservation of content
Please check out our FAQ for more information about our open access publishing.